Total prevalence of diabetes
Total: 25.8 million children and adults in the United States—8.3% of the population—have diabetes.
Diagnosed: 18.8 million people
Undiagnosed: 7.0 million people
Prediabetes: 79 million people*
New Cases: 1.9 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older in 2010.
Under 20 years of age
- 215,000, or 0.26% of all people in this age group have diabetes
- About 1 in every 400 children and adolescents has diabetes
Age 20 years or older
- 25.6 million, or 11.3% of all people in this age group have diabetes
Age 65 years or older
- 10.9 million, or 26.9% of all people in this age group have diabetes
- 13.0 million, or 11.8% of all men aged 20 years or older have diabetes
- 12.6 million, or 10.8% of all women aged 20 years or older have diabetes
To Avoid Getting Diabetes Get your BMI Tested NOW! (516) 365-1222
- Monitor blood sugar daily. Upon arising and 2 hours after each meal. Pre-meal readings should be 80-120, two hours post meal, readings should be 140 or less. Strive to achieve and maintain a glycohemoglobin [A1c reading] of 6 or less. Anything above 7 is an indication of poor blood sugar control. Have your glycohemoglobin tested every three months – insist on it.
- The three macro nutrients that we consume are: proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Out of these three, ONLY carbohydrates affect and increase your blood sugar. Protein eaten in excess can convert to glucose, while fat has NO effect on blood sugar.
- Greatly reduce or eliminate your intake of grains, bread, bagels, crackers, pasta, rice, sugar, milk, yogurt, corn, fruit, candy and chips. No more than one to two servings per day depending on blood sugar control.
- Do not drink any fruit juices, or eat any dried fruits.
- Limit your intake of fruit to no more than 1 per day depending on blood sugar readings. Uncontrolled diabetics should not consume any fruits. Fruits are carbohydrates and therefore will increase your blood sugar.
- Do not drink diet soda or use any artificial sweeteners such as Nutra Sweet®, Equal®, and Splenda® For a safe alternative natural sweetener that DOES NOT produce an insulin response, in other words it DOES NOT raise blood sugar levels, use STEVIA a natural sweetener that can be purchased at your local health food store. Another product to consider is Xylitol, which has been shown to prevent cavities, and ear infections in children. Xylitol makes an excellent sweeteners and can be used just like sugar.
- *Use only extra virgin olive oil for all your cooking, and condiments. For baking and frying, use unrefined coconut oil or palm oil, from reputable companies. Coconut oil is healthy and it actually promotes weight loss because the fatty acids found in coconut oil are known as MCTs [Medium Chain Triglycerides], which are not stored as fat, but are used for energy
Helpful Tools: Take the guess work out of your food. What's your Index?
Supplements & Education
- Prevention Efforts
- Diaxinol Abstracts
- Standard V.5.1
Resveratrol increases insulin sensitivity
Lipoic Acid Supreme 60 vegetarian capsules
Lipoic Acid Supreme is a mixture of high dose lipoic acid, biotin, and taurine, which all support blood sugar and insulin balance. Lipoic acid increases the need for biotin by lowering levels of biotin dependent enzymes. Thus Lipoic Acid should always be taken with biotin. Lipoic Acid Supreme contains high dose lipoic acid, biotin, and taurine which all support blood sugar and insulin balance, making a great combination. Most importantly, it has been found to be an essential nutrient for diabetics to optimize the function of the insulin receptors.
Click here to order.
Baywood International, Inc. (OTCBB:BYWD) announced that resveratrol, an antioxidant found in red wine, may counter type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance, according to a new study.
Insulin is a hormone that controls blood sugar. Insulin resistance occurs when the body becomes less sensitive to insulin. This condition can lead to type 2 diabetes. Chinese scientists report that resveratrol curbs insulin resistance in mice. These scientists, including Cheng Sun and Qiwei Zhai of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Shanghai, indicate that this is a valuable new strategy for treating insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. However, to reach the same levels of resveratrol, it would require a significant consumption of red wine.
Click here to order
Revolutionary Supplements that aid in Glucose Monitoring
Diaxinol is a cutting-edge cardiovascular supplement combining well-studied natural ingredients and appropriate dosages for those seeking to maintain balanced blood sugar levels.
Glycemic Foundation contains a unique blend of ingredients including flaxseed flour, guar gum and Oryzatein, a healthy brown rice protein that help support healthy blood sugar levels. Glycemic Foundation is an easy to mix drink with a delightful chocolate flavor that helps the body maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Click here to order
A vegetarian dietary supplement to support proper glucose metabolism.* GlucoSynergy™ is a whole new formula that’s been redesigned with Cinnulin PF®, a patented water extract of cinnamon that supports healthy glucose management and insulin utilization by cells.* GlucoSynergy™ now contains 7 well-known nutritional factors to support proper glucose metabolism including a full complement of natural plant extracts (Bitter Melon Extract, Vanadyl Sulfate, Gymnema sylvestre extract, Lagerstroemia speciosa L. (Banaba Leaf) Extract, and Cinnulin PF®) plus Alpha Lipoic Acid for antioxidant support, and the mineral chromium to support sugar metabolism, maintain blood sugar levels within normal range, and aid glucose utilization by cells.
WheyCool™ is a great-tasting high protein, low carbohydrate functional food powder. It is made with an exceptional quality whey protein made from the milk of cows that graze on pesticide- and chemical-free, non GMO grass pastures in New Zealand, which is known to have one of the least polluted environments in the world. The milking cows are never fed grain, nor subjected to hormone or antibiotic treatments. This whey is instantized with sunflower lecithin (non-GMO), which helps it dissolve more easily in water and prevents foaming during blending.
Dinner ( FISH SHOULD BE CONSUMED 3-4 TIMES A WEEK DEEP SEA OR WILD)
Baked salmon with vegetables and salad
Roasted Turkey with vegetables and A SALAD
Herbal teas, seltzer water with lemon, green tea, chamomile tea
Cherry juice (prostate health)
An occasional red wine is ok.
Handful of almonds,hazelnuts,pumpkin seeds, almond butter on half apple
Bars (designs) and Protein shakes (designs)
Coffee, all sugar free items, Sugar, candy cake, honey, processed foods
All hydrogenated oils, no MSG, no coloring