All diets are medically customized by our expert nutritionists.
Healthy Heart Program (Partial Sample)
- Organic oatmeal, milk, almond, or goat’s milk, 3 Tbsp. fresh ground flax meal
- Hot brown rice cereal w/cinnamon and freshly ground almonds, green tea
- Poached organic omega-3 eggs or three egg omelet, sweet potatoes w/rosemary, ½ cup black beans
Lunch and Dinner
- wild salmon, grilled onions, green salad with flax oil dressing
- Broiled red snapper, steamed broccoli, baked yams
- Broiled mackerel, steamed broccoli, green beans or other vegetables
- Gourmet salmon salad made with 1 can salmon, 2 tsp. sliced scallions, 1 tsp. sliced radishes, 2 tsp. Rice vinegar, 1 tsp. flax oil, 1 tsp. soy sauce, and ¼ tsp. minced
ginger root, all placed atop a green salad
- Roasted garlic or almond butter on rice cake or celery, protein shakes with freshly ground flaxseeds added, fresh green
Avoid: Cigarette smoke (even 2nd hand), sugar, refined and processed foods, hydrogenated oils, safflower, sunflower, corn oils, soft drinks, alcohol, processed meats, being overweight. Do not consume large amounts of licorice as this can lower levels of magnesium and potassium.
Suggestions and Goals
The basic idea of this eating program is to increase consumption of omega 3 fats, fiber, and whole natural foods. Eliminate sugar, refined or processed foods, and hydrogenated oils. Drink plenty of pure water.
For more information call 516-365-1222 .